For feedback not directly related to the Beta, search the feedback category or create a new thread.
As always, please be respectful. Things got way too heated in the old thread, with many personal attacks being lobbed at those responsible for or defending aspects of the Beta’s design. This forum has a great moderation staff and an effective flagging system. Please don’t make people use it.
Summary of feedback so far:
- The Beta’s site design is ‘clunky’ and ‘unusable,’ and the legacy site’s already-simple design did not need to be reimagined ( ).
- The site design is too focused on a mobile æsthetic (   ); specifically:
- Too much wasted space ( )
- Certain well-established features now take many more clicks than they used to, such as:
- Searching for
order:popular, which on the legacy site is a single-click operation
- Tag editing, as detailed below
- Searching for
- The number of thumbnails per row does not dynamically scale to monitor width.
- Clicking tags goes to the Wiki, rather than the tag search (    ).
- There’s no pagination, or any way to disable infinite scrolling (        ), which causes memory problems.
- There’s a general lack of indication when there’s content hidden below the fold.
- Tag subscriptions are missing.
- The tooltip when hovering over images is poorly-designed and not useful; specifically:
- Very few tags are displayed, and are poorly-formatted ( ).
- The semi-transparent tooltip is difficult to read.
- Tags take up too much space generally, as color-coding the background requires far more padding than the color-coded text on the legacy site.
Editing tags on the post page is extremely hasslesome.
- There is no way to quickly remove more than one tag at a time from a post page.
- There’s no way to mass-copy a post’s tags to easily apply them to another post ( ).
- There’s no support for plaintext tag editing.
- Putting the search terms in the query parameter (e.g.,
post/show/6427008?tags=dokidoki%21_precure+translated) makes it difficult to share clean links—the search parameters are not usually relevant when sharing a link to a single post.
- Comments, being on a separate page, are difficult to use ( ).
- Post relationships (parent/children) appearing below the image makes them easy to miss.
- Lack of API documentation and XML support
There’s no easy way to return to the gallery after clicking an image, especially after scrolling through images (since using the browser’s
backbutton then requires many presses).
- Tag scripts are missing.
- Browsing and loading images is far slower than it is on the legacy site.
The upload form is difficult to use; specifically:
- There is no field to set a parent post.
- There is no support for dragging and dropping files.
- Upload errors are handled terribly. As anyone who has uploaded videos will know, on the live site, certain videos (perhaps due to codec? I’m not really sure) will return the error ‘A technical problem prevented this page from being displayed’ when you attempt to upload them. On the live site, you can simply hit the back button and try a different file. On the beta site, the error itself is not displayed: rather, it gives you the message ‘Please select a file to upload.’ Worse still, if you then attempt to change the file you’re uploading and upload a different one, the form breaks entirely, and nothing happens when you click the upload button from then on. Rather, you have to reload the entire page , clearing all the data (tags, &c.) that you’ve entered into the form, and start from scratch.
- Flagged, appealed, and deleted images do not show the reason for their flagging, appeal, or deletion.
- There is no way to see who has favorited a post.
- It’s not always clear when an image is being resized, making it easy to accidentally download sample images.
- The sidebar should be kept open when there’s enough screen real estate to accommodate it.
- Changes made on the Settings page do not seem to take effect.
- The video player’s keypress handler (for navigation with keyboard shortcuts) doesn’t check for modifier keys (
alt), making it impossible to use browser keyboard shortcuts (such as
ctrl+kto bookmark, or
ctrl+lto highlight the address bar) on video posts.
- Pixiv source links are broken.
- Attempting to load several images/videos in separate tabs sometimes causes these images/videos to never load, and it always exponentially increases the load time.
- The save button merely opens the image, rather than triggering a download dialog. This is a CORS issue.
- Wiki editing is broken.
- It is not possible to right-click on an image with notes.
- Searching an aliased tag returns no results.
- Searching with a date modifier returns no results.
- Having multiple lines in one’s blacklist causes the blacklist to fail to be implemented.
- Exceeding 3,000 characters in the Beta tag blacklist makes it impossible to login on Legacy.
I’ve attempted in this summary to discard complaints that have since been resolved; if I missed anything that’s still outstanding, or if I’ve included anything that’s since been fixed, forgive my human error, and please let me know in a post! On the other hand, if an issue you’re having has already been documented, there’s no need to create additional posts about it unless you have specific information to add that has not already been brought up. Do what you can to keep this thread on-topic, easy-to-follow, and relevant to the Beta—that way it will be the most helpful to those with the power to address these issues!