All members are expected to abide by the following rules:
Ours is a most ancient and honorable forum (or will be). Civilized behavior is the best way to preserve the harmony of the site, and harmony is ultimately what allows people to come together as a well-formed community. Our rules are only intended to support this.
Remember - criticize ideas, not people. Please avoid:
- Insulting people
- Expressing yourself overly crudely
- Provoking an argument for its own sake
Nobody should have to deal with certain kinds of behavior here:
- Respect each other. Don’t harass anyone, impersonate anyone, or expose anyone else’s private information.
- Respect our forum. Don’t spam or vandalize the forum.
- Respect our rules. Don’t attempt to circumvent or abuse them.
When you see bad behavior, don’t reply - just flag it.
Moderators may remove any content and any user for any reason at any time. However, they are expected to have a good reason for doing so. If you are concerned about their decisions, contact another mod or an admin in private so we can try to resolve the situation.
Remember - anime is the height of good taste and for people of culture some things are simply not important:
- Don’t post illegal content or links to it.
- Don’t discuss engaging in illegal activity.
- Don’t post about overly shocking content - legal or not - such as extreme paraphilias or grotesque material.
Make the effort to put things in the right place, so that we can spend more time discussing and less cleaning up. So:
- Don’t start a topic in the wrong category.
- Don’t post or discuss mature content outside the appropriate category.
- Don’t cross-post the same thing in multiple topics.
- Don’t post no-content replies.
- Don’t divert a topic by changing it midstream.
- Don’t sign your posts.
Rather than posting “+1” or “Agreed”, use the Like button. Rather than taking an existing topic in a radically different direction, use Reply as a Linked Topic.